Deadline to apply: June 30!!
At the World Health Summit, around 2,000 stakeholders and decision-makers from 100 countries and every field in the healthcare spectrum will work together to find solutions for global health challenges. As the world’s foremost strategic forum for Global Health, it promotes thought leadership in science and advances Global Health agendas.
The Startup Track highlights outstanding ideas and innovative business concepts that have the potential to revolutionize healthcare and improve Global Health. Attending the World Health Summit provides young entrepreneurs with three days of access to world leaders from science, industry, politics, and civil society to set up future collaborations and get to know potential mentors, investors, and board members.
Online application form at https://www.worldhealthsummit.
Pitch and Award
On Monday, October 15, from 12:45-13:45, ten startups will have three minutes each to showcase their ideas and business concepts in front of the conference audience and jury. The winner will be awarded a trophy at the World Health Summit Night that evening and receive a mentoring.
Startups wishing to apply should be active in the field of health. This includes e.g areas like public health, digital health, translational science, health policies, education, and advocacy.
- Startups from all over the world are encouraged to apply.
- The application must consist of a short information on the startup and may include a description of potential mentor needs that could be served by the World Health Summit network.
- Application: Online form below (online from April 2018 on)
- Deadline: June 30, 2018
- Candidates will be shortlisted by a high-ranking jury.
The selection process will take into account the originality of the concept, its financial viability, evidence of fundraising or partnership ventures, and – most importantly – its potential impact on Global Public Health.
- Dr. Kai-Uwe Bindseil, Berlin Partner
- Jutta Klauer, Pfizer Germany
- Prof. Dr. Tobias Kurth, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Dr. Shari Langemak, Physician and Digital Healthcare Expert
- Dr. Markus Müschenich, Flying Health
- Thimo V. Schmitt-Lord, Bayer Foundations
- Dr. Anna Babette Stier, German Federal Ministry of Health
- Dr. Alf Wachsmann, Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine
- Ute E. Weiland, Deutschland – Land der Ideen
- Dr. Rolf Zettl, Berlin Institute of Health
25 startups will receive two tickets each to attend the World Health Summit. This will include an invitation to the World Health Summit Night and the award ceremony on October 15. From among these 25 startups, 10 will be selected to:
- have stands at the conference to present their ideas and business concepts;
- pitch on Monday, October 15 in the plenary hall;
- have their company profile and URL published on our website;
- participate in the award ceremony at the World Health Summit Night.
The ten finalists will be given extensive recognition in the World Health Summit network and help with mentor needs. The winner will be given special access to the World Health Summit and M8 Alliance network, receive an exclusive expert-coaching from FLYING HEALTH, one of the leading company builders for health startups in Germany, and will be invited to the next World Health Summit.
Our staff will make every effort to connect the startups with potential scientific and business advisors from our international network, along with members of the M8 Alliance. We will help open doors in the scientific community and introduce the startups to experts from industry, politics and civil society.
- Application: Online form
- Deadline: June 30
- Jury session: Monday, July 9
- Shortlisted candidates informed: August
- Pitch contest of the 10 finalists: October 15
- World Health Summit: October 14-16
2,000 representatives from academia, politics, industry, and civil society from 100 countries, 250 speakers, 45 sessions
- Location: Kosmos, Karl-Marx-Allee 131A, 10243 Berlin, Germany