BHHSummit is the annual conference of Barcelona Health Hub, a global and international ecosystem for the health transformation. Join 500 attendees and 25 speakers from Spain and abroad to talk about collaboration between healthcare startups and corporations. Learn from experts and entrepreneurs tips and pitfalls about fundraising, scaling up and partnering with pharma companies, insurers, and hospitals. Be inspired by our international keynote speakers. Meet innovative companies in our exhibition area and during the show and tell sessions. Make meaningful networking and connections and enjoy the amazing setting of the modernist Sant Pau Hospital.
There will be masterful presentations, discussion panels, startups presentations, business meetings, and other get-togethers to encourage synergies and interactions among startups, corporations and investors in the health field.
The main objective of the BHHSummit is to foster and encourage synergies between the new companies and the health companies in order to make progress in the field of medical care. It will be a unique opportunity for sponsors, speakers, collaborators and participants to take part in a meeting whose aim is to give its participants national and international visibility; a place to introduce different companies and share knowledge and experience, as well as become part of a vast network of health companies; and last but not least, to become a meeting point between international startups and companies that offer innovative products and unique solutions.
- Seed: It recognizes innovative projects and disruptive technologies conceived and created by startups with less than 1 million Euro investment, that is, creators of innovative solutions in the health field through the use of new technologies which have been introduced to the market, at the service of patients, users or citizens.
- Startups: It recognizes innovative projects or disruptive technologies carried out by startups with more than 1 million Euro investment. This category awards the development of an innovative idea, as well as its growth and its success when placing it at the patients, users or citizens’ disposal.
- Investors: It is addressed to risk capital companies or business angels that have made a key contribution to hastening innovation in the industry. It recognizes their engagement with the development of technological solutions in the health field and their contribution to their growth and success.
- Hospitals: It recognizes medical institutions that make a key contribution to hastening innovation in the health field, that is, hospitals that support innovation through entrepreneurs and researchers and that transform their daily operations to introduce innovation.
- Companies: It recognizes corporations in the health industry which introduce innovation and put it at the service of users or clients, that is, companies that bet on transforming their business model by introducing new technologies or innovative solutions in their traditional products and services or by launching new products and services.
Barcelona Health Hub (BHH) is a nonprofit entity which was set up in 2018 in order to create and generate innovation in the digital health field through new technologies by promoting startups from the health field so they can achieve private and/or public care reality and by promoting interaction between startups, health corporations and investors to activate the digital change in the health sector.
To promote innovation in digital health and its transfer in the field by joining startups, health organizations, companies and investors
A UNIQUE ECOSYSTEM
BHH is located in the impressive architectural complex designed by Lluís Domènech i Montaner, which was the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau for over a century and currently the Modernist Enclosure of Sant Pau. The entity takes up more than 2,000 m2 of the Sant Manuel Pavilion, which combines Art Nouveau with the latest technology in coworking and showroom spaces. This area is currently used by 25 startups and corporates. In this way, BHH is part of the Sant Pau health ecosystem as it brings closer the different hospital companies, the
Research Institute, the Medicine Department (UAB) and the University School of Nursing (EUI-Sant Pau).
BHH has some objectives which guide its agenda:
- To become the international center of reference in digital medicine, attracting innovation and talent.
- To promote innovation in health by adopting new digital technologies.
- To encourage companies and entities to develop their business in the digital health field in order to be more
- To position Barcelona as a leader, global benchmark and European capital in the emerging field of digital health.
- To promote collaboration among the different agents of the field.