The global amniotic membrane market accounted for US$ 198 million in 2020 and is estimated to be US$ 736.9 million by 2029 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 15.7%
The report “Global Amniotic Membrane Market, By Type (Cryopreserved Amniotic Membrane and Lyophilized Amniotic Membrane), By Application (Surgical Wounds, Ophthalmology, Stem Cell Biology, Regenerative Medicine, Prenatal Diagnosis, and Others), By End-user (Hospitals & Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Research Centers & Laboratory, and Others), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa) – Trends, Analysis and Forecast till 2029”.
· In February 2020, Integra LifeSciences Holding Corporation, a leading global medical technology company, announced the launch of AmnioExcel Plus Placental Allograft Membrane, its latest wound care offering to support soft tissue repair.
· In May 2019, Adynxx, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company leading the development of transcription factor decoy technology and first-in-class therapeutics to treat pain and inflammatory diseases, announced its complete merger with Alliqua BioMedical, Inc. This merge aims to focus on developing novel, non-opioid therapeutics for the treatment of pain and inflammatory diseases.
The rising number of surgeries
According to the Global Burden of Diseases, in 2017, around 8,99,10,460 cases of burn injuries were recorded worldwide. High incidence of burn injuries and the amniotic membrane’s inflammatory and anti-scarring properties are responsible for decreasing intensified inflammation and discomfort, thus fueling the market growth. In addition, as per the American Society of Plastic Surgeons report in 2017, 17.5 million people opt for surgical cosmetics products in the U.S. as people are conscious of skin improvement.
Rising use of the amniotic membrane in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeries
Increased use of the amniotic membrane in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgeries to ease scarring and diagnose quickly is driving the global market growth. In addition, the growing number of patients opting for surgeries for aesthetic appeal is also propelling the growth of the amniotic membrane market. For instance, in 2018, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 17.7 million cosmetic procedures were performed. Furthermore, amniotic membranes are cheaper than xenografts and allografts, which promotes market growth. Also, growth in product demand for cosmetic surgeries and reconstructive surgeries is fueling the overall market growth.
Browse 60 market data tables* and 35 figures* through 140 slides and in-depth TOC on “Global Amniotic Membrane Market,” By Type (Cryopreserved Amniotic Membrane and Lyophilized Amniotic Membrane), By Application (Surgical Wounds, Ophthalmology, Stem Cell Biology, Regenerative Medicine, Prenatal Diagnosis, and Others), By End-user (Hospitals & Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Research Centers & Laboratory, and Others), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa) – Trends, Analysis and Forecast till 2029
Key Market Insights from the report:
The global Amniotic Membrane market accounted for US$ 198 million in 2020 and is estimated to be US$ 736.9 million by 2029 and is anticipated to register a CAGR of 15.7%. The market report has been segmented based on type, application, end-user, and region.
· Depending upon the type, the cryopreservation amniotic membrane segment is anticipated to dominate the target market by the end of 2029, owing to the rising number of acular surgeries. Additionally, the lyophilized amniotic membrane segment is expected to register the highest CAGR from 2019-2029, owing to the growing number of surgeries, an increasing number of reconstruction procedures, and cosmetic surgeries.
· Depending upon the application, the ophthalmology segment is projected to grow at a high CAGR in the upcoming years. This is mainly attributed to the wide use of ophthalmology treatment in many conditions such as cicatricial pemphigoid and Stevens-Johnson syndrome, pterygium, and persistent epithelial defects with ulceration conjunctival surface reconstruction.
· In terms of end-user, hospitals & clinics are the primary care settings facilitating easy treatment for various diseases. Therefore, it holds the highest market share due to the frequent patient visits and its potential to cater to various surgical interventions.
· By region, North America dominated the target market in 2019, owing to the presence of the leading companies and well-developed healthcare infrastructure. In addition, increased focus on alternative technologies and the adoption of advanced technologies is further expected to boost the market’s growth in this region. Europe is estimated for the second-largest revenue and is projected to register a CAGR of 11.9% in the upcoming years. The adoption of publicly funded universal health care systems and the presence of the target population are the key major factors for the growth of the global market. Furthermore, the growing prevalence of chronic diseases is anticipated to accelerate market growth in this region. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), chronic diseases account for about 86% of deaths in the European region.
To know the upcoming trends and insights prevalent in this market, click the link below:
The prominent player operating in the global amniotic membrane market includes Amnio Technology, LLC, Applied Biologics LLC, Amniox Medical, Inc., AlloCure, Alliqua BioMedical, Inc., FzioMed, Inc., Skye Biologics, Inc., IOP Ophthalmics, CESCA THERAPEUTICS, Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, and Human Regenerative Technologies, LLC.
The market provides detailed information regarding the industrial base, productivity, strengths, manufacturers, and recent trends, which will help companies enlarge their businesses and promote financial growth. Furthermore, the report exhibits dynamic factors including segments, sub-segments, regional marketplaces, competition, dominant key players, and market forecasts. In addition, the market includes recent collaborations, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and regulatory frameworks across different regions, impacting the market trajectory. Finally, recent technological advances and innovations influencing the global market are included in the report.
About Prophecy Market Insights
Prophecy Market Insights specializes in market research, analytics, marketing/business strategy, and solutions that offer strategic and tactical support to clients for making well-informed business decisions and identifying and achieving high-value opportunities in the target business area. We also help our clients address business challenges and provide the best possible solutions to overcome them and transform their business.
Some Important Points Answered in this Market Report Are Given Below:
· Explains an overview of the product portfolio, including product development, planning, and positioning
· Explains details about key operational strategies focusing on R&D strategies, corporate structure, localization strategies, production capabilities, and financial performance of various companies.
· Detailed analysis of the market revenue over the forecasted period.
· Examining various outlooks of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis, PEST & SWOT Analysis.
· Study on the segments that are anticipated to dominate the market.
· Study on the regional analysis that is expected to register the highest growth over the forecast period
Key Topics Covered
· Study Deliverables
· Study Assumptions
· Scope of the Study
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
· Opportunity Map Analysis
· Market at Glance
· Market Share (%) and BPS Analysis, by Region
· Competitive Landscape
· Heat Map Analysis
· Market Presence and Specificity Analysis
4. Investment Analysis
5. Competitive Analysis
To know more
Prophecy Market Insights