This Week in Digital Health offers this European Digital Health Venture Capital Directory as a resource to startups.
Austria | Belgium | Bulgaria | Croatia | Cyprus | Czech Republic | Denmark | Estonia | Finland | France | Germany Greece | Hungary | Iceland | Ireland | Italy | Latvia | Lithuania | Luxembourg | Malta | Netherlands | Norway Poland | Portugal | Romania | Slovakia | Slovenia | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Turkey | United Kingdom
Our goal is to bring together startups, investors and innovators to learn about cutting-edge innovations and foster dynamic conversation addressing how technology is transforming Europe.
Feel free to email updates or corrections.
- UNIQA Ventures – UNIQA Ventures is the venture capital arm of UNIQA Group, a leading insurance group in its core markets of Austria and Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). We invest in outstanding business models driven by strong teams and a clear vision to shape the future of key industries. Our investment focus is on later Seed and early Growth stage targeting HealthTech, FinTech and InsurTech propositions as well as relevant enabling technologies (i.e. big data, advanced analytics, blockchain, etc.).Vienna
- Capricorn Partners – Capricorn Venture Partners is an independent pan-European venture capital firm seeking to invest in technology-based growth companies. Capricorn’s dedicated investment teams are composed of experienced investment managers with deep technology expertise and broad industrial experience. Capricorn is currently managing its Capricorn Sustainable Chemistry Fund, Capricorn ICT Arkiv Fund, Capricorn Health-tech Fund, and Capricorn Cleantech Fund and is the management company of Quest for Growth, quoted on Euronext Brussels, and investment manager to the Quest Cleantech and Quest+ funds. Leuven
- Careventures – Careventures is an independent pan-European private equity firm that invests in high-growth and profitable small and mid-cap companies in the healthcare services sector. Brussels
- imec.xpand – Imec.xpand is a revolutionary way of investing in early-stage innovation on the crossroads of technology transfer, corporate venturing, and traditional venture capital. The fund will heavily leverage the extensive technology, knowledge, vision, and expertise of imec and of its strategic investors, targeting nanoelectronics-based innovation projects in smart applications for a sustainable society such as smart health, smart mobility, smart cities, smart industries, smart energy. Heverlee
- Smile Invest – Smile Invest is an independent European private equity firm that invests in ambitious growth companies. With €350m of AUM, we focus on hidden innovation champions in targeted sectors including software & technology, healthcare, and consumer products & services. Our investors are successful entrepreneurs and managers who invest with a view to building sustainable value over the long term. Our holding period will usually be 5 years or longer. Whether as a minority or majority investor, we partner with profitable, growing companies with a proven track record. We typically invest €10-€50m+ in companies with revenues of €10-€150m+.
- LAUNCHub Ventures – an early-stage VC Fund, based in Sofia and investing in digital start-ups in the wider Southeastern Europe region. The fund’s portfolio companies are in the fields of SaaS, Enterprise Software, Health-tech, E-commerce, Mobile, IoT, but its investments are not limited only in these verticals. With €30m under total management, LAUNCHub Ventures focuses on the seed space with investment ticket size in the range of €300K to 700K, expandable up to €1,5m per company. Sofia
- Lifeline Ventures – Lifeline Ventures is a Helsinki-based early-stage VC investing in health, games, web, and tech. Founded by serial entrepreneurs, we work with early-stage companies in funding, sales, technology, strategy, and operations. Lifeline Ventures invests in future category-leading companies with strong founders. To date, we have invested in more than 70 companies. Our investment ticket size ranges from 100 kEUR to 2 mEUR and we participate in angel, seed, and Series A rounds. Helsinki
- Seventure Partners – With over €690m in assets under management, Seventure Partners is a leading venture capital firm in Europe. Since 1997, Seventure Partners has been investing in Life sciences across Europe, Israel, and North America. The four areas of focus include biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, digital/connected health and medtech, industrial biotechnology, and last but not least: the MICROBIOME, nutrition, foodtech and personalized medicine. Investments can range between €500k and €10m per round, or up to €20m per company, from early to late stage. Paris
- XAnge – For 15 years, XAnge has been a key investor in Europe. With € 450 M under management and a portfolio of 55 startups,
XAnge is Siparex Group’s venture capital arm. With growing knowledge of human health, rapid technological advances, and emerging trends such as an aging society, medical and pharmaceutical equipment makers need tech startups to remain efficient. We believe that health tech (including IoT), the silver economy, and personalized treatment algorithms will tackle these challenges.
- Earlybird Venture Capital – Earlybird manages different funds that focus on digital technologies in Eastern and Western Europe as well as health technologies. With over EUR 1 billion under management, seven IPOs, and 22 trade sales, Earlybird is one of the most successful venture capital firms in Europe. Berlin & Munich
- Peppermint Venture Partners (PVP) – a private venture capital firm investing in early-stage healthcare companies across Europe with a focus on medical devices, digital health, and platform technology companies. Berlin
- Asabys Partners – a venture capital firm from Barcelona investing across the board in human healthcare. We are active in the health-tech and biopharma industries and aim to invest in Spain and abroad in highly innovative and transformative technologies. We are motivated by the idea of pushing the boundaries of science and medicine. We do this through the sourcing and financing of the most disruptive technologies, and through the collaboration with the best internal and external talents of our industry. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and seek to be involved in the building and management of our companies. Not just investors, we consider ourselves as partners and collaborators to our portfolio companies. Barcelona
- CLAVE MAYOR – a Spanish venture capital & private equity specializes in tech investments. With a strong knowledge of Universities and R&D institutes technology transfer process. We manage 10 investment funds and a wide portfolio of innovative companies in different sectors, highlighting Medtech and Health. We have launched during the last two years four new funds focused on Tech Transfer mainly linked to Universidad de Navarra and Universidad Politécnica de Valencia and other research ecosystems linked to the health sector.
- UNINVEST – a venture capital company that specializes in technology transfer. We invest in Start-ups / Spin-offs in the concept test, seed and start-up phase. Main sectors of activity: Agri-food, Industrial Biotechnology and Health Technologies. Stages: pre-seed, seed, startup.
- VenturCap – a venture capital fund that invests both in startups and in companies in the growth phase. Sectors in which we invest: ECOMMERCE, HEALTH, TECHNOLOGICAL AND EDUCATIONAL.
- Ysios Capital – private equity financing to early- and mid-stage human healthcare and life science companies with a special focus on pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and medical devices. €200 million in assets under management distributed over two funds. Barcelona
- Bonnier Ventures – While media is in our DNA, a common misconception about us is that we only look for companies with media affinity. On the contrary, we actively source for high-growth digital and technology companies in sectors including, but not limited to, Marketplaces, B2B, Digital Health and FinTech. Stockholm
- Innogest – founded in 2006 with offices in Turin, Milan, Geneva, and San Francisco. It manages investment funds for a total value of about €200 million and it invests in startups mainly in the healthcare and digital sectors mainly in the early-stage phase. Innogest partners with main local and international research centers and technology transfer offices.
- Amadeus Capital -Amadeus backs entrepreneurs to win. Based on our experience of investing in over 150 companies, we bring the know-how and networks to help entrepreneurs build great companies, from early-stage to global growth. We are focused on AI & machine learning, online consumer services, cybersecurity, digital health and medical technology, digital media, enterprise SaaS, fintech, regtech, and insurtech. London
- Luminous Ventures – Luminous Ventures is the go-to venture fund for the most daring and innovative entrepreneurs requiring Seed to Series A/B investment. They prefer to be the first venture investor, focusing on visionary founders with breakthrough technologies, backing deep-tech and science that matters and delivers top returns. Backed by a network of families, they lead or follow – investing as little as €250,000 and as much as €5,000,000. Luminous Ventures is the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) Health’s lead country investor for the UK. London