- This event has passed.
Australia and Europe – Digital Health Transformation, Agility & Resilience
An analysis of the digital transformation, agility, and resilience of healthcare systems.
The impacts of COVID-19 are being felt across our society, in our medical system, businesses, social organizations, our economy, as well as the mental health and wellbeing of individuals. Governments and healthcare systems have taken different measures and approaches in tracking, fighting, and protecting their citizens against the virus, and continue to do so.
In this context, the European Connected Health Alliance (ECHAlliance), the Melbourne Digital Health Ecosystem, and RMIT University come together to analyze the digital transformation, agility, and resilience of healthcare systems.
Making a case for digital health and telehealth.
As the world continues to fight COVID-19 and a new normal is emerging, we see many innovations within health ecosystems. Traditional healthcare is looking to telehealth as a cost-effective, secure, and safe way to provide care for patients in need.
Can telehealth provide innovative solutions with agility in this evolving new world?
Our stellar line up of speakers include:
- Prof Calum Drummond, AO Deputy Vice-Chancellor R&I and Vice-President, RMIT University, Australia
- Andy Bleaden, Director, Ecosystems and Membership, ECHAlliance (European Connected Health Alliance), UK
- Bronwyn Le Grice, Director, CEO and Founder, ANDHealth , Australia
- Alice King, Telehealth Program Manager, Barwon Health, & Coordinator for Telehealth Victoria Community of Practice, Australia
- Dr. Margaret Whoriskey MBE, Director, Technology Enabled Care Programme, Scottish Government, UK, whose talk will be joined byClare Morrison, National Near Me Lead, Technology Enabled Care Programme, Scottish Government, UK
- Prof Aleks Subic, Deputy Vice-Chancellor, College of Science, Engineering & Health and Vice President, Digital Innovation, Australia
- Prof Magdalena Plebanski, Director, Biomedical & Health Innovation Enabling Capability Platform (BHI ECP), Australia
ECHAlliance – European Connected Health Alliance is a Global Connector for Digital Health, facilitating multi-stakeholder connections around ecosystems, driving sustainable change, and disruption in the delivery of health and social care.
Melbourne Digital Health Ecosystem is the first Australian Ecosystem for the ECHAlliance, launched in Melbourne in November 2019. It brings together a community of stakeholders to find common solutions to health challenges in our region, aiming to break down silos, transform healthcare delivery, and create economic growth.
Enabling Capability Platforms (ECPs) at RMIT University build cross-disciplinary research capability to co-create with industry partners, lasting solutions to global challenges. This Healthier Start Initiative is led by the Biomedical & Health Innovation (Director, Prof. Magdalena Plebanski), Global Business Innovation (Director, Prof. Anne-Laure Mention), and Information & Systems (engineering)(Director, Prof. Mark Sanderson) and ECP Platforms.
Research Partnerships and Translation, R&I at RMIT University build partnerships to have a positive impact on the world. This team forms collaborations with government, community, industry, and researchers to deliver innovative solutions.