- This event has passed.
Charité BIH Entrepreneurship Summit Berlin
June 17, 2019 - June 18, 2019EUR360
CHARITÉ BIH ENTREPRENEURSHIP SUMMIT – For the 11th time, over 400 global leaders in healthcare innovation, including entrepreneurs, scientists, physicians, investors, policymakers and industry leaders, startups, government, and regulatory bodies’ representatives convene at the Charité BIH Entrepreneurship Summit.
Our agenda features inspiring keynote speakers from Germany, Europe, Israel, Canada, the United States, and Australia. Broad-ranging panel discussions will provide insights into emerging markets and trends.
This year has a special focus on the Massachusetts region and therefore has a strong emphasis on transatlantic collaboration.
Interactive workshops and the Life Sciences Venture Market offer opportunities for entrepreneurs to learn about relevant strategic issues and to present their companies to international investors.
- Clinical Trials
- Artificial Intelligence in Healthcare
- New Findings of Drug Actions / Repurposing
- Investment Models from around the Globe
- Lessons learned from the fundraising trenches: the good, the bad and the ugly
Hosted by: Charlie Cameron, Cooley LLP Boston, MA and John Hession, Morse Barnes-Brown Pendleton, Waltham, MA, US
- Understanding Healthcare and Hospitals – what innovators and founders need to know to succeed in the world of rules and regulation in Germany. A perspective from consulting experts
Hosted by: Christian Wallwiener and Marina Leonie Moskvina, WMC Healthcare Munich, Germany
- What are the challenges faced by digital health start-ups from an idea to a company? :
A short insight from an investor’s perspective. Hosted by: Lena Krzyzak, High-Tech Gründerfonds Management GmbH
- Alberto Betella,CTO, Health Moonshot at Telefonica Alpha, Barcelona, Spain
- Arthur L. Caplan, Drs. William F. and Virginia Connolly Mitty Professor of Bioethics, Department of Population Health, New York, US
- Evan Castiglia, Senior Associate, Philips Health Technology Ventures, Amsterdam, NL
- Ioana Cristea, Research Affiliate, Meta Research Innovation Center at Stanford, US
- Eyal Gura, Co-Founder & CEO, Zebra Medical, Israel
- John Hallinan, CBO MassBio, US
- Michael Hemann, MIT Koch Institute for Integrated Cancer Research, Associate Professor of Biology, Cambridge, MA, US
- Vincent Hennemand, VP, Strategy, Corporate and Business Development, Head of Immuno-Inflammation Program Unit Akili Interactive Labs, Boston, MA, US
- John Hession, Morse Barnes-Brown Pendleton, Waltham, MA,US
- Dianne Jackson-Matthews, Adjunct Associate Professor UQ Centre for Clinical Research, The University of Queensland, AUS
- Stephen Kennedy Smith, Kennedy Family Office, US
- Heyo K. Kroemer, Chairman of the Managing Board of the University Medical Center Göttingen, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Georg‐August‐Universität Göttingen, Germany
- Gottfried Ludewig, Head of the Department for Digitization of Health Care at the Federal Ministry of Health, Berlin, Germany
- Travis McCready, President of the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center and Representative of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, US
- Keith McNeil, Assistant Deputy Director‐General and CCIO, Queensland Health, Australia
- Mark H. Michalski, MD, Executive Director MGH & BWH Center for Clinical Data Science Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, US
- Elizabeth O’Day, CEO & Founder, Olaris Therapeutics, Boston, MA, US
- Nektarios Oraiopoulos, Director of the MPhil in Strategy, Marketing & Operations Programme, Cambridge Judge Business School, Cambridge, UK
- Moshe Rogosnitzky, Founder and CEO of DRG – Drug Rediscovery Group Ltd, Israel
- Armin Schneider, SVP, Scientific & Medical Affairs Pharma & Biotech, Molecular Health, Heidelberg, Germany
- Aviad Tamir, Head of Life Sciences & Healthcare at Invest in Israel, Israel
- Deborah Wake, CEO and Chief Medical Officer, MyWay Digital Health, Dundee, UK
- Andrew Whittaker, Biopharmaceuticals, Clinical Compound Bank Lead, AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals, Melbourn, UK
Program and speakers are subject to change without notice.