- This event has passed.
Hack Belgium 2019 Brussels
March 28, 2019 - March 30, 2019€100
Hack Belgium 2019 – The increasing prevalence of chronic illness demands change in our healthcare system. Fortunately, technology and data can help us create more integrated, patient-centric solutions that have the potential to address disease along the entire continuum of health, including early detection, prevention, interception, and cures. The building blocks are in place, let’s co-create the solutions! In collaboration with Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS and Janssen Pharmaceutica.
- 100 workshops on ideation, business, design, and technology.
- Networking sessions with +200 experts.
- Seeing 10 technologies from up close.
- A new project that brings you new business and effectively tackles society’s issues.
- Meeting and working with new people, meaning new partnerships and new clients.
SICK NO MORE – Imagining a world without disease
- UBERIZING CLINICAL TRIALS – Bring clinical trials into the community by utilizing telemedicine and healthcare resources around the patient.
- PATIENT-DRIVEN RESEARCH – Empower patients to take the initiative in research by leveraging their own medical data and studying what is meaningful for them.
- USING REAL-WORLD DATA IN RESEARCH – Improve access to real-world health data in the context of increasing privacy concerns and GDPR.
- PREVENTING YOUTH CIGARETTE SMOKING – Prevent young people from becoming addicted, long term smokers.
- EARLY AWARENESS OF DIABETES – Drive early awareness of type 2 diabetes
- T2 DIABETES PATIENT COMMUNICATION – Help patients better understand type 2 diabetes and help them voice their needs.
- T2 DIABETES CONDITION MANAGEMENT – Empowering type 2 diabetes patients and families to take care of the lifetime management of the disease.
- HOSPITAL 2050 – Help the healthcare sector prepare for the future of hospitals and you could start piloting your project in the Belgian healthcare sector.
ARE YOU READY FOR A CHANGE?
The world is racing forward at breakneck speed – accelerating technological progress, societal changes and environmental pressure. You want to have a meaningful impact for others, the environment and yourself.
But how do you start?
THE KICK YOU NEED TO GET GOING!
Hack Belgium is the world’s first innovation festival, born three years ago right here in Brussels.
Our mission is to help everyone we work with – from large enterprises to students and job seekers – to become better innovators.
Every year we help hundreds of people and organizations to launch successful new projects. And not just any type of projects: new businesses that tackle societal challenges, are financially sound and use the latest technology to create great impact.
For us, innovation is a capability. It means having the motivation, the knowledge, the skills, and the network to generate promising ideas and turn those ideas into something tangible and valuable for your career, your business, and the wider world.
3 DAYS TO CREATE A PROJECT OF YOUR OWN
- Day 1: EXPLORE – Come up with powerful ideas that tap into real opportunities for innovation, get inspired and motivated to start working on your favorite idea and finally form a team.
- Day 2: BUILD – Stretch and develop your idea by applying new technologies, learn the business and design skills, meet experts and mentors. Everything you need to turn your idea into a solution and a viable project.
- Day 3: LAUNCH – Present your project in front of an audience of experts, jurors, and peers. They give you feedback and advice about how to take your project to the next level beyond Hack Belgium.