- This event has passed.
#HackCorona – An online hackathon for public protection from COVID-19
March 20 - March 22FREE
About this Event
COVID-19 is still spreading exponentially throughout the world. Current statistics indicate that 15-20% of people who get it require hospitalization for respiratory failure for multiple weeks. The hardship falls on elderly people, medical personnel as well as the healthcare system in general.
Identifying the main pain points in the current health crisis situation, Data Natives is activating its 78000+ community of data scientists, healthcare professionals, entrepreneurs, researchers, designers, and tech professionals to come up with solutions for:
- Protecting the elderly and medical workers
- Offloading the healthcare system with faster diagnosis options and medical equipment delivery and/or assembly
- Assisting with daily responsibilities for the ones who need it the most (e.g childcare, grocery shopping, and medication, etc.)
This Friday, March 20th, we are kicking off an online hackathon #HackCorona to find creative solutions for given problems within a short period of time. We’re encouraging data scientists, entrepreneurs, social workers, designers, engineers (and everyone!) to join us.
FRIDAY – 20th March
- 17:00-18:45 Kick-off session – Explaining the structure of the online hackathon, the challenges, the resources, and the online tools, introducing the mentoring system & pitching the ideas
- 19:00-20:45 Hacking time – Assistance for the attendees by #HackCorona team
- 21:00 Hacking through the night
SATURDAY – 21th March
- 08:30-09:00 Kick-off session
- 09:00-09:45 Desing thinking session
- How to work remotely and structure your weekend
- 09:45-15:00 Hacking time
- 15:00-18:00 Mentoring session
- 18:00 Hacking through the night
SUNDAY – 22nd March
- 08:30 -09:00 Kick-off session
- 09:00-13:00 Hacking time
- 13:00-14:30 Pitching session
- 14:45 -Submissions deadline
- 15:30 – 17:30 Project Pitches
- 18:00 – Winner Ceremony
Let’s #HACKCORONA together!