- This event has passed.
Open Call BStartup Health
Banco Sabadell, through the investment program BStartup10, opens its call for entries for the 3rd Edition of BStartup Health to support projects in the health sector in pre-seed and seed stages. At a time when the importance of science and research is becoming extremely apparent, this edition’s investment is aimed at validating technology/research and business; therefore, three projects will be selected from all those submitted in Spain.
The 3rd Edition of BStartup Health has a Scientific-Technical Committee made up by investors and entrepreneurs who are experts in health:
- Clara Campàs: Founding Partner at Asabys Partners, former Strategy & Development Director at Kern Pharma, CEO at Advancell and VP at CataloniaBIO&Healthtech. Ph.D. from the University of Barcelona.
- Carlos Gallardo: Founder at CG Health Partners, Board Member at Almirall, Ex-Managing Director UK at Almirall and Ex-Venture Partner at Ysios Capital.
- Damià Tormo: Founder and partner at Columbus Venture Partners, Professor at IE Business School and Ph.D. from The University of Bonn.
- Montse Vendrell: Partner at Alta Life Sciences; former CEO of The Barcelona Institute of Science and Technology and CEO at Biocat. Ph.D. from the University of Barcelona.
In previous editions of BStartup Health, the following startups were selected:
- 1st Edition of BStartup Health:
- 2nd Edition of BStartup Health:
For this new edition, the 3rd Edition of BStartup Health offers:
- An investment of €100,000: in exchange for an equity stake.
- Support program: the selected startups will be mentored by one of the prestigious members of the Scientific-Technical Committee of BStartup Health. The mentoring program will include business advice at a strategic level, the definition of the roadmap, advice on the fundraising strategy, among others. Also, they will have access to some of the most relevant investors and will receive support from the BStartup team in processes such as the preparation of the funding round or the preparation of the necessary documents.
The investment criteria that will be followed are as follows:
- Sector: projects in the field of Health, such as Medical Devices, Diagnostics, Therapeutics & Drugs, and e-Health.
- Stage: projects in the pre-seed, seed or early-stage phase can apply, as well as teams with innovative projects.
- Investment objective: the program seeks to drive initiatives for assessing projects, such as patentability studies, proofs of concept, prototypes or business plans, to arrive at subsequent funding rounds with sectoral venture capital in an optimal state of maturity and guarantees. In the e-Health sector, the availability of the product/service on the market will be positively viewed, as well as first sales.
- Teams: we are looking for teams led by entrepreneurs, with high commitment to the project, global ambition, sector experience, and team-building spirit.
- Spanish enterprises: incorporated or in the process of being incorporated with an international vision.
- Differentiated and innovative value proposition: in terms of product or business model and that solves a market need.
- Aimed at a broad, global and growing market.
As for the calendar of the 3rd BStartup Health Edition, these are the dates to bear in mind:
- Call for entries: 15 April 2020
- Deadline for entry: 20 May 2020
- Assessment of entries: June 2020
- Scientific-Technical Committee: June 2020
- Investment Committee: 15 July 2020
- Mentoring and advice: for one year