- This event has passed.
Open Call Startups Meet Pharma
Startups Meet Pharma – The accelerator team at EIT Health Germany is running a startup program that can be of interest for healthcare startups. The program is called Startups Meet Pharma and it is a challenge-based acceleration program connecting startups developing innovative solutions for chronic care with key pharma partners in Europe. Startups Meet Pharma invites startups developing solutions that impact both the Pharma industry and patients, to tackle a set of challenges in collaboration with top pharma partners. Deadline Mar 30, 2020
The program had its premiere in 2019 with 14 healthcare startups from all over Europe that tackled five different challenges set up by EIT Health Partners Amgen, Bayer, Ferrer, Janssen, and UCB. Read more about the 2019 edition.
The program targets start-ups with already functioning products/prototypes that already entered the market/or are about to enter the market. The selection of companies is based on the quality of the business idea, their fit for the selected challenge and the team’s motivation and level of commitment. Please note that only incorporated companies may apply to the program.
The selected startups will receive a grant to cover travel and accommodation costs and mentoring services through the Mentoring and Coaching Network Platform.
Challenges for 2020
In 2020, five challenges have been released in collaboration with four EIT Health Partners: Amgen, Bayer, Beiersdorf, and Boehringer Ingelheim.
- Encourage continuity in treatment strategy and treatment optimization for post-myocardial infarction patients – Looking for: A solution which will create a standardized procedure for post-MI patients after discharge
- Choosing the right treatment for Multiple Myeloma patients – Looking for: Creation of an algorithm, that would help physicians choosing the right treatment for Multiple Myeloma patients
- Disruptive Gene therapies, cell therapies and delivery technologies for different therapeutic areas – Looking for: Disruptive technologies useful in the therapeutic areas of Cardiology, Oncology, Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Hematology and Women’s Health – or ideally for all of those as a platform technology. Breakthrough innovations for other or multiple indications might be of interest as well.
- Improving the condition of diabetic skin – Looking for: BioTech, MedTech or Digital Health solutions to improve the condition of diabetic skin
- Portable Interstitial Lung Disease (ILD) Diagnostic Tool – Looking for: A solution that could potentially help a wider range of Healthcare Professionals to early diagnose ILDs.
A detailed description of the five challenges can be found here.
The program consists of four different modules with the objective to train and prepare startups to discuss collaboration opportunities with pharma companies.
- Module 1 (June 15-19, Heidelberg) : 5 days “Innovation & Entrepreneurship training”. Startups will receive tailored workshops by pharma experts on the different tools and methods to successfully build their business.
- Module 2 (29 June – 3 July in Heidelberg): 5 days workshops by pharma partners involved in the program on how to collaborate with big players in the market.
- Module 3 (September 2020): Startups will visit selected pharma companies involved in the program to discuss collaboration opportunities.
- Module 4 (November 2020 – date & location TBD) : Demo Day. Startups will pitch their achievements in front of Investors and EIT Health stakeholders.
Application period: 10 February – 30 March 2020, through the EIT Health Optimy platform
If you have any questions regarding the program, EIT Health Germany is organizing two webinars in March 2020.
- 10 March 2020, 2 pm CET https://zoom.us/j/387306647
- 24 March 2020, 2 pm CET https://zoom.us/j/944855087
Barbara Costa ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
Matteo Consonni ( email@example.com )