- This event has passed.
World Health Summit Berlin
October 25 - October 27
World Health Summit – the world’s most prominent forum for addressing global health issues. It brings together key leaders from academia, politics, civil society, and the private sector to address the most pressing health-related challenges on the planet. Berlin, Germany; Oct 25-27, 2020
- Pandemic Preparedness in the Age of COVID-19: Global Cooperation not Competition
- Strengthening the Role of the European Union in Global Health
- Climate Change and Global Health: Risks and Response
- Partnership for the Goals: United Nations’ 75th Anniversary
- Accelerating the SDG3 Global Action Plan for Health and Well-being
- Translational Research: Advancing Innovative Treatments
- Digital Health & AI for Pandemic Preparedness
Participation will be possible in-person on-site and remote but active via Internet
In this exceptional year of the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Health Summit will take place as an on-site conference in Berlin and, at the same time, as a fully digital, interactive conference with cost-free availability all sessions of the program. For participation online, registration is not required.
Each session can be accessed via a link in the program: https://www.conference.worldhealthsummit.org/Program/WHS2020.
Due to the pandemic-induced regulations regarding distancing and hygiene, we will host the on-site conference on a smaller scale and invitation-only: no free ticket sale is available this year. Instead, we will distribute the conference tickets through our partner organizations from all sectors. Digital participation will be organized in the usual World Health Summit manner despite the virtual format: With the possibility of taking part in lively, fruitful, and constructive discussions.
- We will comply with all official stipulations established by federal and state governments and implement necessary measures.
- We will follow all applicable rules regarding hygiene, protective gear, distancing and the number of participants, etc.
- Digital participation of the entire program (all sessions)
- Possibility of worldwide participation via the Internet
- Widely used standard video conferencing software with intuitive features
- High reliability through load-balancing features for low-bandwidth situations
- One proper entry link per session available in the program planner: https://www.conference.worldhealthsummit.org/Program/WHS2020
- No registration needed
- Access possible via PC, tablet, smartphone
- Interactive formats through chat, Q&A function, screen, and document sharing
At the World Health Summit, leading international experts from science, politics, business, and civil society will come together.
The spread of COVID-19 this year shows how essential the improvement of global health is and how crucial the strengthening of international and interdisciplinary cooperation remains.
A meeting like the World Health Summit with its central topics like Pandemic Preparedness, Universal Health Coverage, Health Systems Strengthening, and Universal Access to Health couldn’t be more important. We and our academic backbone, the M8 Alliance, are confident that only with collaboration and mutual assistance beyond borders this global health crisis can be tackled.
We look forward to your participation at the World Health Summit – in Berlin or via Internet!