Healthcare services have gotten more costly over time. As a result, the demand for virtual healthcare solutions sees enormous and tremendous growth all across the globe.
The COVID-19 case is yet another reason for this prominence. Downloads of Health mobile apps have expanded by 60% globally since the beginning of the pandemic. According to the Forbes report, there is a 40% rise in the usage of healthcare-related mobile apps. And therefore, the companies are focusing more on health-based mobile app development.
Now, this has surely ignited the investor in you. But there are numerous elements that you must pay attention to. This includes appointment scheduling, checking the on-demand doctors, telemedicine, and data analytics. No doubt!! This type of mobile app can empower clinicians and doctors to store the medical records of their patients.
Benefits of mHealth mobile app development
- It can offer consultations virtually.
- It helps in preventing frequent visits to the clinic.
- Assists the patients to know about their health information swiftly.
- Personalized treatment options for patients
- Monitor and track the health conditions of patients.
- Sending reminders about the medication intake.
- Provides encrypted and safe storage of data.
- Rapid diagnosis and suggestions by experts.
Types of healthcare mobile apps
- Apps to manage health
- Apps for EHR
- Apps to consult with the physicians
- Apps for a symptom checker
- Telehealth service
- Apps to monitor the remote patients
- Apps for diet and nutrition support
- Apps for lifestyle medications
Cost to develop mHealth mobile apps
Several factors lead to the cost of the development of mobile apps. This includes the developer’s location, the time the Flutter app developers will be spending to develop your app, complexity, features, and elements you want to implement.
Now, this also includes MVP features. It encloses of
- Registration for both doctors and patients
- Options for ratings, search, and filter
- Appointment scheduling
- Code documentation
- Back-end settings to send deals, offers, etc.
- Implementation of frameworks and libraries
Now to develop and design these features, many professionals are involved in the process. Hence, you must hire Android app developers or any other platform developers from an established mobile app development company.
Features and functionalities required to develop Healthcare apps
- Admin Panel – This section will help the admin to manage all the processes and app content.
- User profile – Gives a specific allocation to the user from where they can access the content.
- User login – The space from where the users, be it patients, physicians, or other medical professionals, can access the app’s content securely and quickly.
- Push Notifications – The admins can send their deals, notifications, reminders. It is considered the best way to connect with the audience.
- Systems for messaging – A section from where the patients can reach or chat with the physician directly.
- Payment gateways – The convenient and safe modes to make the payment.
You must also introduce the following features to launch your full-fledged healthcare app.
- Data Storage – A secure place where you can store all the information related to patients digitally.
- Automation – The healthcare app must track all the readings related to the patient’s health and function as the pills reminder.
- Integration of medical devices – The more precise you are related to the health service, the more users intend to use your mobile app. Hence, do not forget to integrate your app with medical devices.
- Video calls – The healthcare mobile app must always have this feature to consult their doctor via video conferencing. And make sure you implement this for real-time conversation.
Compliance that you must consider while opting for Healthcare app development
The healthcare sector is quite strict with the guidelines when it comes to compliance. Hence, you must pay close attention to it while developing your healthcare app.
- HIPAA – Applications created for the US market, which store, record, and process Protected Healthcare Information (PHI) should strictly adhere to HIPAA guidelines. Since its inception, these guidelines have guaranteed the accessibility, integrity, and confidentiality of all electronically ensured health data.
- CCPA – CCPA is another establishment of confidentiality in the US and is undifferentiated from the European GDPR. This law includes advising the customer regarding the information gathered, setting up a free report on the gathered information at the customer’s request, etc.
- GDPR – This guideline was introduced in 2018 for the European region, and all medical services applications functioning in the European Union should comply with GDPR.
- NIST – This is yet another assortment of standards, technologies, and tools. The app must intend to secure the information of clients of medical applications in the US. As per research, 70% of businesses consider the NIST structure as an excellent practice of cyber security.
- HiTECH – The apps must center more around the data security of EHS and are likewise legitimate in the US.
- PIPEDA – This guideline is for the application that works in the Canadian market, especially the app that processes and stores personal data. The businesses must make sure that the app must comply with the PIPEDA when developing apps in Canada.
In a nutshell!!
Understanding what patients need to find in a mobile application is one thing, and ideating and building that to coordinate with better standards is altogether another game. Hence, it is always advised to hire an established mobile app development company. They will have extensive years of experience in designing and developing engaging and alluring mHealth apps. In addition, they will always develop mobile apps that abide by the country’s health compliance.
Before hiring, check their portfolio and case study to check whether they have experience in developing such apps. Then, have a detailed discussion about your requirements. You must also check the leading reviewing sites such as GoodFirms, Appfutura, Manifest, and Clutch. Here, you can find the feedback and concerns raised by the respective clients.
Always hire a mobile app development company who can give you 24*7 assistance. Also, ensure that you hire a team that has immense experience in healthcare app development.
The author is a healthcare mobile app developer at MobileCoderz, an eminent mobile app development company. They have significant experience in developing healthcare apps and have helped many start-ups establish their business during the COVID pandemic. His strategies have helped them to be the brand in the market. In their free time, they love reading articles on the latest development.