As we all have seen how this coronavirus pandemic has changed the individual’s connection. Now people are celebrating their events virtually via zoom or by using QR codes to access the menus of the restaurants. Technology is increasing dramatically. Telehealth was very popular during the earliest stage of the coronavirus outbreak. Telehealth became a vital resource for the medical community to continue their welfare of human health by carrying out the process for the patients specifically. Telehealth has exploded dramatic results in the field of wellbeing.
Current scenarios of telehealth physical therapy:
If we talk about the current scenarios of telehealth physical therapy, then telehealth has accessed the expansion into the world of the physical therapy program, and it has been omitted as a health emergency. According to the CARES Act, telehealth physical therapy programs were provided legally and authorized for the department of health human services to avoid the concept of gathering. The CARES Act also allowed the centers of medicines and medical services to add physical therapy or occupational therapists to the list of providers to provide telehealth physical therapy programs or services.
Telehealth is a valuable tool for physical therapists, and it is a great way to offer physical health services.
It is crucial to consider some crucial steps before starting driving virtual physical health services to people.
- Make sure to consider the safety and security of telehealth technology.
- Ensure to inform the patient consent, and it is crucial to keep the patient’s privacy most safely.
- Make sure to abide by HIPAA regulations and state and regulations.
- It is always crucial for physical therapists to ensure what they can do and what they cannot do when it is the case if treating patients.
Reasons to consider on telehealth physical therapy program:
This has become a great way to access and maintain physical health to keep your body fit and healthy. However, it has become quite challenging to get an appointment at this critical time. It is also suggested to maintain the social distance, and for that, it isn’t easy to get an appointment.
Telehealth Is alive. Go on one video appointment, which is done with the presence of your physical therapists. It is a great solution to accessible physical therapy for better results. Telehealth is increasing its popularity day by day dramatically. It enables the patient to seek and talk to the health care providers, including physiotherapists, most conveniently and effectively.
Reasons to consider telehealth physical therapy program:
- Telehealth allows you to stay connected to your physiotherapist in the most convenient way from your home only. You don’t need to go physically to the clinic or hospital. Telehealth also increased the ability to get connected to the physical therapist who is more experienced in treating and healing patients with specific conditions.
- You can also easily connect to the board verified clinical specialist at a reasonable rate, which helps people access to therapy that is lacking.
- A virtual concert if telehealth is a great opportunity to discuss the strategies or ideas to improve the safety of your home. Your physical therapists will ensure to provide the most effective method to decrease the chances of falling. You can also talk about what you can do if someone falls in an accident.
- You can also access private telehealth visits to work one on one with your physical therapists. You can also include your family members in your appointment.
- Mainly telehealth physical therapy programs are more likely to stick with the home exercises. Your physical therapist will ensure to provide a safe and most effective way.
- Patients who take part in the telehealth physical therapy program provide great chances to heal your body. Your physiotherapist will ensure a safe and home exercise program based on specific goals and needs.
- It is a great way to save time. You don’t have to wait in a long queue for the appointment.
In this pandemic, everyone is very much concerned about their health, and physical therapy is a great way to maintain the overall health of the individuals. This pandemic has made people choose telehealth to maintain the social distance and, due time, the public health restrictions. Mainly half of the physical therapy program is going virtually. The way things are going on, it seems like physical therapy is going to rule telehealth medicine. Most clinics were made to implement telehealth quickly to restrict patients’ appointments to maintain the social distancing concept. In the year 2021, it has become essential to review the state of telehealth for physical therapy. It also includes the current regulations and reimbursement for the best practice of telehealth physical health.